JOIN OUR TEAM
Cadence has an opening! We have opportunities at our studio for experienced and talented Nuke Compositors with a background in television and/or feature film VFX.
Minimum Production Experience – 5 – 8 years
We are based in Columbia County, NY nestled in the beautiful rolling hills of the Berkshire. The studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film and episodic television.
- Integrate various layers or elements of live-action photography and CG into a seamless VFX shot
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned shots.
- Determine appropriate element selection from the studio’s library and engage in a dialogue with the Senior Team on layers required for comp.
- Interface effectively with all artists to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines, for example communicating frequently with leads and senior team members.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
- Compositors may be called on to perform R&D and look-dev and build shot templates.
- They should be comfortable handling paint work, rotoscoping, and performing 2D/3D camera and plate tracking on their own shots.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging those around you to strive for the same standards.
Traits of a successful Cadence Compositor:
- Strong technical knowledge of Nuke and Compositing at an intermediate level
- Live action and CG visual effects compositing experience, including but not limited to Blue/Green screens, keying, 2.5D techniques and CG integration.
- Thorough working knowledge of compositing workflows for photoreal VFX, coupled with a understanding of photography and practical lighting
- Familiarity with best practices of a VFX studio including directory structures, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, and dailies.
- Experience embracing the balance of quality and time constraints.
- Strong understanding of color theory, chroma-screen keying, rotoscoping, tracking, and grain management.
- Knowledge of the following programs considered a plus:
- Bonus – Photoshop/Unreal/Maya/Blender/RedShift